Mornings can be ridiculously busy. Who has time to make a nutritious meal when you’re minutes away from a day full of things to do and people to see? Well, (if you keep reading) now you do! This simple recipe takes about 5 minutes to whip up, and there’s barely anything to clean up, so it’s extremely convenient to make right before bedtime. Imagine a morning when you open up the fridge, and a delicious, nutritious meal is ready and waiting for you!
Whatâ€™s even better is this Banana (Coco)Nut Overnight Oats recipe is loaded with essential nutrients like fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. This quick recipe will keep you full for hours and give you the energy you need to keep up with your busy schedule.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 snack size Detour SMARTÂ® Coconut Almond Gluten Free Oatmeal Bar
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (you may need a little extra in the morning)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- Â½ tsp coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp of honey or agave (optional for additional sweetness)
- Â½ banana (optional for garnish)
- Chop the Detour SMARTÂ® Coconut Almond Oatmeal Bar and the walnuts into tiny bite-sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the ripe banana with a fork (until it reaches a pudding-like consistency).
- Grab your mason jar or an airtight container. Add the rolled oats, greek yogurt, almond milk, mashed banana, chia seeds, chopped up SMART bar, walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon, and coconut flakes.
- Close the top (make sure itâ€™s sealed tight!) and shake it until all ingredients are combined. At this point, give it a little taste (you may choose to add honey or agave for additional sweetness).
- Now, simply put the lid back on, go to bed, and leave in the refrigerator until morning.
- In the morning, you may want to add additional almond milk.
Nutritional Information (Serves 2)