Are you looking for a sweet treat that won’t break the calorie bank? Then you better add this delicious Chocolate Covered Banana Bites recipe to your¬†repertoire of desserts. Packed with power foods like bananas, coconut oil, and whey protein this treat will provide your body with the fuel and nutrients to keep you going without the unnecessary calories.
- 1 Detour¬†SMART Banana Nut bar
- 1 small banana
- 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Using a small circular cookie cutter (approximately 1″ wide), cut Detour bar into 6 small circles. Slice banana into 1/2″ disks. Set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small bowl. Cook in microwave on high in 20 second increments until melted. Mix until smooth.
- Assemble bites by placing cut Detour bar rounds on a piece of parchment paper, add sliced banana on top of Detour bar, pour melted chocolate over banana to coat. Add chopped pecans if desired
- Freeze for 10 minutes until firm.
Per Serving 1 bite